Monday, February 25, 2008

I've been hit ...

Or should I say tagged ... thanks KTB ... you're gracious to think of me. Or everyone else has been tagged. Or your mama told you to. Whatever it was ... I'm game.

And the game is 10 random thoughts. Well, I've got about ten minutes before I have to start getting ready for a meeting tomorrow, so let me see what I can come up with. I guess this will be paced at 1 RPM (1 randomness per minute). Buckle up ... here goes.

  1. I have two toes stuck together. It's like having a webbed foot, but only between two toes, not the whole foot. The technical term for fellow geeksters is "simple syndactyly." Wasn't that a Robert Palmer song? Anyhoo ... I used to pretend I was the "Man from Atlantis" with my webbed foot. Granted I don't look anything like Patrick Duffy. But I tried to swim like he did, like a flailing, dying worm with my hands by my side and my feet together. Did you know that you really can't get far underwater flailing like a dying worm with your hands by your side and your feet together? I know ... now. And so do you.

  2. My great-grandfather, grandfather, dad, brother and nephew are all named George Bush. But our family is big into nicknames. My grandfather was "G.I.", my dad is Irvin, my brother is Skeeter, and my nephew is Bucky. Wackiness.

  3. When I was born, the doctor told my mother, "Well Helen, you have a healthy bouncing baby boy." Her reply was, "Well, if that's the best you could do." I'm still not sure what to think of that, but I bet she was drugged.

  4. I had three dates in college. They were with three different girls, and all within two months. I was having too much fun as a Redcoat (marching band) to date.

  5. I like order ... lots of order. I prefer to have things in Tupperware containers vs. packages and bags of various sizes. If I am at your house and a picture is crooked on the wall, I can't concentrate until it's straightened. Notice the numerical order of the next one. More indications of the order disorder.

  6. My six radio station presets, if you exclude the numbers, are Star River B Q Fish Jazz. In that order.

  7. I love acting ... I won some awards in high school for the one-act play, and went on to act in the dinner theater at FUMC, which was awesome.

  8. I hesitate to even mention this, but I LOATHE the "p" word used commonly to describe female underwear. It is the most wishy-washy, lame, gross word that I know of in the English language. Whenever someone says it, it's like someone whining. I know that God made everything, but the bad guy must have come up with this word. I think Eve originally called them "leaves" ... why didn't we just leave well enough alone and call them that? Works for me ... a bra and leaves set. No whining there.

  9. I played french horn, trumpet and baritone/euphonium in high school, college, and into post-college. I also love to sing. I used to sing with a group at FUMC, and one year we were invited to sing at the lighting of the Rich's Great Tree at Underground Atlanta. THAT was way cool.

  10. Let's wrap up (as we opened) with some more physical oddities. I'm color blind ... like for real. Not someone who has problems matching clothes, but really, genetically color blind. When I look at those circles of colored dots in the Ishihara color blindness tests, I cannot see the numbers in many of them. Oh, and I'm AB+, which is one of the rarest blood types and the universal recipient ... I can take blood from anyone. Well, I'd like to have their resume and accomplishments first, but in a pinch, I won't be picky. I'm married to an O-, the universal donor. I love that woman. And not just for her blood.

How random was that? Now I have to tag out ... let's hear from mother/daughter duo Kaye and Ann, and let's see if Ruth Allen will play the game! If not, we're going to call her a butthole (by her graces, not mine.) If I used language like that, I'd probably choose "butthead" vs. "butthole." Maintains complete distance from the leaves. Just FYI.

8 comments:

carolineb said...

That was some good stuff, I'll have a better day now!

Ruth Allen Bryant said...

I'm game... and I never want to see your toes. Sorry.

Katie B said...

Worst idea EVER to read this during class... I tried as hard as I could to make it seem like my snickers were in reference to my teachers tax accounting lecture (yeah right) he prob thought I was having a breathing convulsion cause I kept putting my hand over my mouth.

But that's why I tagged you - hilarity... and in only 10 minutes!
Wow.

word veri: hrnhm
hilarity reaches new heights monday

Chip B said...

Thanks Katie ... who knew 10 random thoughts could be so much fun? And ... after going back and editing a few times, it did take more than ten minutes. Hey, I'm a journalism major ... I get to do that.

AtlantaMama said...

I need to play too...

FUN FACTS about Chip!! WOW. The Redcoat band... the tree toes (our cousin Christian has tree toes too so I am not afraid)... Does anyone else call it that??

This was very funny!!!!

Writeaway said...

I can't wait to play, but you stole one of mine! #9. I sang at the Rich's Tree Lighting too! That really was way cool. That whole group was fun. I miss those days... and singing.

And by the way, I hate the "p" word too - and will not use it! Sounds like a creepster. HILARITY!!!

qqqzlb.... you've got to be kidding! Forget it! Skipping the word veri and moving on to 10 random thoughts. It's easier! HA!

Laura Kirkland said...

Gah Chip, why am I not surprised that you have a hilarious entry into the blog-munity. Just so you know, and I know you'll be proud, I'm back on the blog front so to speak. Have a good day, and try not to get your panties in a wad.

Chip B said...

Laura ... that last comment was so uncalled for. I will need to reconsider your inclusion in my Facebook friends. Hmm...

mqpmvd
Many quaint pantaloons make venereal diseases.