Monday, February 11, 2008

Tribute to My Wife

I don't see how she does it.

Here I am, working from home today. Veda is on a field trip with Leah, and I am so thankful to have a job where I can request a "working from home" day every now and then.

But how does she do this, day after day? Is this a superstrength item that only the female gender possesses? I am stunned. EVERY husband should have to do this one in a blue moon.

I am taking this five-minute break from everything to pay special tribute to her, for the fact that she manages this home daily without rarely a peep. She does it because she is dedicated to this family.

In addition to working from home, and there's plenty to do, both Chaz and Amy are here today. That was in the plan, and I was prepared for it. But then it hit me this morning ... we have an architect coming by at 3 p.m. to discuss some long-range items for our home. Outsider? Coming in to our abode? Dear GOD ... I've got to straighten up or he won't take our project!

So between feeding children and answering their 1,238,456th question regarding whether or not they can brush their teeth now (why don't they ask to do this at night?), attempting to keep them from pulling out while I am putting away, juggling a spreadsheet full of data for reporting, unloading the dishwasher so the sink can be emptied and cleaned, sweeping the breakfast area, cleaning the table ... and that's all just before lunch! And I haven't even made it to the living room yet! Sweet Jesus, save me!

Lord ... bless Veda, and all the wives/mothers out there who do this day after day. You have truly blessed Man to have given him Woman.

Now ... where did I last see the vacuum?

No comments: