Tuesday, February 5, 2008

The Start of Something Beautiful

Testing, testing. 1 - 2 - 3

Mrs. Teevee: I assume there's an accident indemnity clause.
Willy Wonka: Never between friends.

Hmmm ... after a failed attempt to get someone to laugh out loud on MySpace (perhaps nobody was reading?) ... we'll try something new. Something fresh for 2008. Something that has been done for years now. OK, OK, remember that I turned 40 this year, so I'm catching up.

Actually, I'm not new to the blogging scene ... to the contrary. When my Dad had his traumatic brain injury in August, 2007, it was a blog that came to the rescue of our family. It kept us from fielding phone call after phone call. It gave us a place to share what was going on, and to let everyone have a peek into our family and how we pushed through (with God's grace) a very trying time. It's still there ... a legacy to God and His miracle. http://gibush.blogspot.com.

And BTW ... Dad was released to drive in December of 2007. God is good!

But this isn't going to be about the past. I've trashed my MySpace account ... snumped it, I did. While I thoroughly enjoy Facebook now, I also find the musings of some of my favorite people in the blogosphere quite entertaining. And I love to write ... even at 12:44 a.m.

So we'll give it a go. Successful blogging requires dedication and skill. It requires cunning and wit. I only hope that I can provide as much laughter as others can. Life can be a laugh fest.

But then again, perhaps only Caroline can say "gassy" and really make one laugh. But it works for me, every time.

My eyelids they droop
Midnight, thou hast past me by
Blogger slumber time.

2 comments:

carolineb said...

Well it's about time you pulled up a chair. Belly up to the table, you're in some real fine company. Can't wait to read what you think!

Chip B said...

I can't wait to read what I think, too! Perhaps seeing it in words will help me make sense of it all! Ya think?