Friday, December 23, 2011

SuperWomen and Thanksgiving

Yes, yes, yes ... we all know it's Christmas.  The dinners.  The family gatherings.  The parties.  The gifts.  The church services in multiples.  More food.  More gifts.  Strange ... it's only Dec 23!

And of course, we know the real meaning behind the season, when we celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ who would eventually give us the greatest gift we could ever receive.  And never have to take back to a store because it's the wrong size.  Because it's perfect.  No gift receipt needed.

But what I want to shed some light on is another aspect of Christmas for me.  It's the re-introduction to the fact that my wife is a superwoman.  No, a SuperWoman ... let's use caps for the correct magnitude.

When I am at home from work or on vacation for a holiday, particularly if the kids are still in school, I am exposed to an entirely new world.  One where often I'm a bit of an alien and a freak, because I don't know the system.  I have learned over the years that it's just best that I get up, shower, and ask, "What can I do?"

Sounds simple enough, but it gets tricky.  It's not quite enough to just carry out tasks.  See, there's a human element to it as well.  Veda and I are two different people.  Although we are one in marriage, we are still two separate brains.  Two different genders.  I have limited capacity ... generally only able to juggle one thing at a time.  And if that one thing isn't going so well, then forget the rest.  I'm cooked until I can get things back on track.  I'm linear.  I can be really good as a linear, but sometimes linear is not what's best.

Linear doesn't really work when you have three children, either.  Oh, the day when we'll have them in three different schools ... now won't that be fun?  I would need three lines to be linear on!

But I stray from the topic.  Being at home today is like having Thanksgiving a couple of days before Christmas.  Because I am so thankful for the woman who sticks by me and manages to juggle this thing we call life.  I'm confident that the "average" woman of this day and age would have thrown in the towel long ago ... claiming it was all just too hard and that she deserved much better, that she needed to focus on herself.

Remember what I said?  I'm not married to an average woman.

SuperWomen of today:
Cindi, Kelda, Connie, Susan and Veda
I saw a photo today of my SuperWoman having lunch with her group of other SuperWomen, while letting an extraordinary group of the next batch of SuperWomen get together for pizza.  And I pray that each one of those up-and-coming SuperWomen will find Godly men who will see how much of a blessing they are.

Yes, Christmas is a time when I'm reminded of how blessed we are.  But even more so, how blessed I am.  Are you mindful of how blessed you are?  Do you need to tell someone?

SuperWomen of tomorrow:
Laura, Gabby, Leah,
Bekah and Emily
It's a gift that doesn't need a box or a bow.  Just see it, recognize it, and let someone know how thankful you are for how they bless you.  Embrace a little Thanksgiving this Christmas and let your SuperWoman (or SuperMan) know how much you appreciate them!

2 comments:

David and Connie said...

Love it! Thanks!!!! AND YOU ARE RIGHT...your wife is a SUPERWOMAN!!!! She is blessed to have an amazing Man to love and appreciate her ,too! Merry Christmas Friend!

Anonymous said...

Chip, you discount your worth. For us to be SuperWomen, we depend on the support of our SuperMen!