Saturday, September 6, 2008

Now What?

Well, I did it. 15 pounds are gone. It's official.

I went from 185 to 170 since our anniversary on July 18th. 170 was an arbitrary goal. Now I will need to pick a new goal (beyond just keeping off those 15 pounds.)

Of course, I think I hollered off a pound or two at Six Flags last night. I love roller coasters. One of those few moments when it's totally appropriate to yell like a wildman.

I love my kids and their daring sense of adventure. They will do things that I never even dreamed of trying when I was a kid. You'd know what I mean when I say I cried in line for the Dalonega Mine Train when I was a kid. I think I was older than 10. Of course, I loved it.

I talked Amy and Chaz into riding the Wheelie with me. Total fun. Squeals. Shrieks. (And they enjoyed it, too.) That was after two rounds on Splashwater Falls and one round on Thunder River. I took one for the family last night and spared Veda the H2O. The cell phone in the ziplock bag was genius.

Veda and I are going to have a celebratory lunch for taking off the weight and being more healthy. How ironic! I think there is a Cheddar Bay Biscuit in my near future. And a shrimp that met with an untimely death ... let's guess it was a surprise to the little guy. And his friends.

1 comment:

AJ Macc said...

Congratulations on your accomplishment!! And enjoy all the celebratory backsliding!! I tagged you on my blog to list 6 quirky things about yourself on your blog - check out my blog for the rules (gettingtotheheartland.blogspot.com). Have fun!