Monday, September 22, 2008

Nope, nothing quirky to see here

AJ Macc tells me that I'm a blogger that she reads. Bless her soul.

And in one of her last blogs, she tagged me for six quirky things. Do I look like someone who would have even one or two quirks?

Don't answer that. Allow me to self-quirk myself. Here we go.
  1. I have recently discovered a quirk that apparently I share with my mother (genetic, me thinks.) One of the most comfortable spots is to be laying/lying on the sofa with my right foot wedged in between the cushion and the back of the sofa. No, I can't tell you why. I wasn't tagged to explain my quirks. Just list them.

  2. I cannot sit in a room with a crooked picture. My insides sit there shouting, "People! Can't you see that??? Dear God, will someone tip that frame just a little to the left so we can continue our conversation??? Aggghhhh!" Depending on the event and how well I know the host or hostess, I have been known to apologize politely and step over to straighten it, or just wait until they are gone and get it in order. They can thank me later. And I have been thanked by other members in the room who were having silent shouting matches with their insides as well.

  3. I've been told that I have perfect pitch. I don't know how quirky that is, but it has come in handy in years past. In order to hear a pitch, I demand silence, or I have to step away so I can hear it in my mind. OK, so that may be more freaky than quirky ... I can literally "hear" stuff in my mind. It used to drive my friends crazy. They would start singing a song, but they would be like three or four keys off. I'd say, "No, that's not it. Listen." And I would start singing it as if it were on the radio. And then I'd be called a name. And the singing would stop.

  4. If I had my way (and perhaps I will someday), there would not be any dry goods packaging in our pantry. All those jumbled boxes and sizes, usually taking up more space than the product inside! Everything would be in something like Tupperware. Perhaps labeled. And maybe alphabetized. And all the spices would be in the same type of shaker. And they would definitely be alphabetized.

  5. I love to cook when I'm on vacation. I look for condos or houses with a kitchen, and I love to hit the grocery stores and buy up stuff to get set up and fix meals for our family. When I was younger, I wanted to be a travel agent, so I love finding places to go and planning trips.

  6. I call Veda every single day before I leave work to let her know I'm on the way, and to see if she needs anything. Every single day. Is that quirky?
OK, I won't tag anyone else because I'm getting sleepy, but for those of you who are just itching to post their six quirks (to confirm what we already know), do so and we'll enjoy reading them!

7 comments:

AnnieBlogs said...

Listen. You are SO MUCH QUIRKIER than you exposed on this list. Can you say SQUEEZE CHEESE!?!

Anonymous said...

Amen, Annie! I could tell you some more quirkier things than that....but I won't! :-) But I love all your quirks! V

AtlantaMama said...

I like these... good stuff. you are quirky in a good way!

carolineb said...

Quirkmeister! You make me smile. You are just that kind of person. I count it a privilege to have witnessed Your Quirkiness at work.

Writeaway said...

Just posted my quirks too - but I actually ended up with 7. Read them and see if we can still be friends.

Anonymous said...

you are the quirkiest person I know. end of story.

Ali said...

Oh, this is too funny. About #2. I recently had a friend visit me while I was couch-ridden because of a broken ankle. I actually asked her, "before you go, can you straighten those pictures on my wall," because I physically could not get up to do it. Gosh, she must of thought I was a whack.