Thursday, April 24, 2008

Red Dot Fever

It's an obsession now. I watch that little ClustrMap on the right for new red dots. How cool is that? Last week I identified a fan around Turkey. How appropriate. And now somebody is reading in Africa (or at least read once before screaming and running for the hills.)

And what looks to be Iowa ... maybe Ottumwa? (I always felt I would have been Radar on M*A*S*H if I had been in the service ... just not as mousey.)

And I see Tenessee and Toronto. It's like looking through the Romper Room special mirror ... I can see all of you special people!

And if you don't know what Romper Room is ... well, sorry. You missed out. Especially Romper Stompers. Talk about a chick magnet ... those things made you at least six inches taller. Who would have thought you could make money off of two little yellow plastic buckets turned over with rubber handles on them?

Sorry ... I'm having a flashback. Is that Snuffleupagus I hear? Or is it Rita Moreno shouting "Heyyyyyyy Yoooooouuuuuu Guuuuyyyyyssss!" as the director on The Electric Company? And you haven't lived until you've "Zoomah, zoomah, zoomah, zoomed!" with the cast of Zoom.

Where are they now??? Barney had them snuffed out.

Could you imagine Snuffy going up against Barney? Now I'll admit the purple dino has an edge since he stands on his hind legs all the time. But Snuffy could take him out with that trunk in one swift blow.

Not to mention ... Big Bird and Oscar could take on Baby Bop and B.J. any day. Throw in the Teletubbies, and you'd have one serious melee.

Colorful, but serious. I'd pay to see that one.

3 comments:

carolineb said...

02134, send it to ZOOM! How is it that I can remember Zoom's zipcode? Great post HR Puffinstuff.

Anonymous said...

Dude, Snuffy would so take out the Purple Freakshow. Besides, Oscar and Big B would be right there with chains and brass knuckles to back him up! Them muppets is streetwise, yo!

Sutton said...

sesame street wise.