Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Lunch Blyte #2

I love Star Trek.

And yes, you do want to know why.

Have you seen the inside of the Enterprise? It doesn't really matter which version you are talking about ... the original, the next gen, or even the ones about space stations or other ships ... they all have one thing in common. It's orderly. Even the Klingons are orderly, albeit somewhat lacking a ship maid. And the Borg are Order Extraordinaire.

If you watch the shows ... you'll never see a pair of shoes sitting in the hallway going to the holodeck. Or toys scattered about the turbolift when you're heading to the bridge. Now mind you ... I'm not bashing being a parent of three. I'm just saying ...

Even in the crew quarters ... everything has a place and everything seems to be in it's place. It's much like when we go on a cruise. You don't have a huge stateroom, and what you do have is very efficient. Little storage nooks and crannies for your small amount of stuff.

I love cruises ... probably more than Star Trek. Yep, I'm certain I like them more. Now if there was a Star Trek cruise, where the ship was like the Enterprise and I had my own replicator ... THAT would be cool. No Earl Gray tea for me ... gimme a Coke float in a frosty mug to carry up to the holodeck, yes-sir-ee.

There's more that I like about Star Trek, but I'll hold it for future lunch blytes. Like the crash scene in Star Trek: Generations (the seventh movie, I believe). Talk about on the edge. I like The Matrix movies, too. Especially the motorcycle scene in the second one. But I digress ... this is becoming a bloated blyte.

And FYI ... I added ClustrMaps to my blog yesterday, and I have a reader somewhere on the western edge of the Black Sea. Perhaps Turkey or Bulgaria. I'm honored. And I hope I don't scare you away, little red dot.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

It's me! And, I'm already scared, but I'm not going anywhere. I guess that shows you how desperate I am!
(Don't worry you don't have to delete this.)

FunkeeDeeva said...

I love star trek too :)