Thursday, May 19, 2011

Waist of Fabric

Is it just me?

More and more, I am passing younger individuals who are determined to let their posterior hang OUTSIDE their pants. And it's appalling. Unappealing. And simply a waste of fabric.

Think about it. Folks who are buying designer jeans (for those prone to purchase overpriced denim that has been pre-worn, pre-torn, bleached, blasted, and otherwise aged toward a quick replacement) are paying good money per every square inch.

However, some choose to drop these luxurious pantaloons below the equator, to the point that the expertly crafted seat and beautifully stitched pockets become a bulbous, unflattering gaggle of fabric on their thighs.

If it's absolutely necessary to show exactly how low they can go (perhaps they are just getting prepared in case they have to make a mad dash to the potty?), then why not save some money and just have the waistline cut at an angle? Coverage up front (and Lord help if that becomes an issue) and open trunk in the back?

Not that I'm pushing for it. Let me be clear. I'm a "waistliner" myself. Real men keep their pants up. Cuz' I ain't lookin' like no fool.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

It is my understanding that this pant trend started in prison as a way to advertise that one is available. To not put it in so many words...

Chip B said...

Hah racebear ... so they are mimicking prisoners. Even more brilliant.