Saturday, January 21, 2012

Final Score: 30-28

Now today was a nail-biter game.

It was one of those basketball games where the entire time, it was neck and neck.  One score answered by another.  I don't really think the gap was ever more than four to six points!

Chaz has really improved on his basketball skills over the past three years!  He stuck with it through the entire game ... never giving up.  He was going after rebounds, playing great defense and keeping those hands up, and always aiming for the goal, even when he felt overwhelmed and perhaps a little disadvantaged.

I think that's how we should approach life as Christians.  Stick with it throughout the game.  Never give up.  Go after the goal ... the prize ... even when we feel like there's little hope in winning.  The fact of the matter is, we always carry the advantage with God.  And how cool it is to share that advantage and have it accepted by our competitors.

I like it when everyone can win.

But tonight, I was the loser.  And I'm OK.

Really, I'll be fine.  Just give me a second to catch my breath.

(Is that really as low as our basketball goal will go?  Hmm.)

No comments: