Monday, November 15, 2010

Annual Post?

So ... when you don't write in your blog for a year, does it mean you're doomed to annual posting? I certainly hope not. My wonderful niece just starting writing, and I saw that in Facebook. It reminded me that I had a blog in Africa. Well, not really. But considering how negligent I've been with it, it might as well be across the Atlantic.

But it has been a wild and crazy year. In addition to the aforementioned job duties as president of a local chapter for business communicators (which I didn't do all that great a job of, IMHO), we have entered the realm of high school. Leah spend a good portion of late summer and all of fall in colorguard for the Hillgrove High School Marching Band. Their show this year was based on music from Swan Lake. It was a stunning show, and the couple of "pushes" in the show still gives me chills.

My first video taken with my Nano at the first home game was a total embarrassment ... I think I squealed for perpetuity. Chalk it up to "freshman parent." They competed in Akron, Ohio (placed seventh overall) and in the super regional in Atlanta (placing 11th out of 34). So proud of their accomplishments. They are a fantastic group of kids.

Amy and Chaz continue to plod along. Amy just finished her second book, entitled "Rosy Finds a Job." It's a fascinating page-turner ... all three of them. Illustrations of the characters on page three. She's so creative in that fashion. And Chaz has finally launched into a love of reading. I caught him reading National Geographic last week. Seriously. And no, there were no "interesting" photos that would have required a Q&A session.

Veda continues to hold down the fort and all of us hanging out of the windows. I continue to be amazed at her stamina and patience. The Lord blessed her with some gifts that I'll never master, so I'm glad He sent her my way.

Man ... this is good stuff. I think I'm AHEAD with this blog entry as a Christmas letter! So don't tell anyone.

Until next year? We'll see ... depends on whether or not something just seriously hits me that you need to know.

3 comments:

carolineb said...

We used to blog like crazy! Like our creative life depended on it! I'm a grandmother now. I don't care about anything but the little critter. Except, I enjoyed hearing you. :) I do love me some Chip. Your big girl is pretty special.

Elena Mappus said...

Your post was worth the wait.

Who are you kidding? You've been a great president for IABC and you've still got time to put previous presidents to shame.

Betsy said...

You mentioned me in your blog!!! I feel so honored! :D Love you sooooooooo much. And Leah, Amy, Chaz, and Aunt Veda too. I am so blessed to have such beautiful and fun family members.