Monday, May 26, 2008

Holiday Down

Another holiday has passed. The cruel reality of work is before me.

Do you working adults remember the excitement you had for summer vacation? Day after day of down time? Then the summer job came. That was only a glimpse of what was to come. Ah well ... it's good to be the worker bee. We had a great weekend, and I'm thankful for it.

And by the way ... I've had requests for a play-by-play on Duran Duran's "The Reflex" (a personal fav) and Manfred Mann's "Blinded by the Light." I can tell you now folks ... there's no mention of any feminine products in the latter. No matter what you thought the lyrics were (and no matter how I sang it when I was a kid, not that I sang it all that often.) I may have to do portions ... they both are pretty interesting. But neither are as funny to make fun of as Princey-man was. I'm just sayin'.

Does anyone else out there have difficulty leaving the digital volume on a stereo, iPod or MP3 device on an odd number? When I mean odd ... I mean numbers like 17. 33. 41. They are just weird. I have to have it on a multiple of 5, or at least an even number like 28. Course, if I'm pumping it up to 28, I'll go ahead and make it a round 30. Natch.

Just a little nugget there. I know I'm not the only one. Enjoy the short week ahead.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was not until my adult years that I figured out he was saying "deuce". I, too found it gross to sing about the other thing.

And yes, I am OCD about the volume numbers. Esp. the DVD player...movies must be played at 18, 20, 22, or 25!
You are not alone, brother!

Writeaway said...

Isn't that sort of OCD? Yeah... I thought so. And me too.

AtlantaMama said...

Happy Dad's day to you too.

I totally can't do the odd number thing on the TV either. Whoa... it's must be 4 (lower) or 12 (everyday level). I like the even numbers and I don't know why!!!

But I'll join the club.